The other day we were discussing what to do with all the old and flat tennis balls we had laying around. Having a gigantic pile of flat tennis balls really serves no purpose if you are not running a tennis training camp/center or own a dog kennel.
So what exactly could you do with these old fuzzy balls? We have compiled a short list of random things you can do with your old tennis balls – related to tennis and not related 🙂
- Put them up on Craigslist to sell or give away.
- Go to your local tennis center and see if you can donate them.
- Head over to the retirement home to visit your Aunt Gertrude and see if her house mates need tennis balls for their walkers.
- Use them as target practice or fill them with gun powder for an explosive tennis serve (we highly do not recommend you actually do this).
- Check with the high schools or college to see if their tennis teams need practice balls.
- Cut them in half and tape them to the bottom of your shoe heels – this will help you stay on your toes during tennis play.
- Again cut them in half and place them under couch feet or bed feet – makes it easy to move furniture and doesn’t scuff your floor!
- Give them to your dog.
- You could recycle your old tennis balls.
- And finally, you could just leave the tennis balls in your garage (like they are now) and keep telling yourself that you will actually move them at some point.
Those are some of the awesome and creative ways you can get rid of your old tennis balls without just throwing them in the trash or dumping them on the side of the road. We’re curious to know what you, the reader, has done to recycle your old tennis balls (comment below).