Every tennis player has been there; tennis shoes feeling a little slippery and you’ve lost that incredibly important grip on the push-off after your split-step or chasing down a tennis ball. This is where the tennis shoe warranty is one of those assurances you have in your equipment.
What is a tennis shoe warranty?
You can reference an article I wrote on this topic a few years ago here, but it pretty much means a tennis shoe manufacturer offers a warranty on their shoes. This warranty covers shoe wear and tear instead of manufacturing errors. Many tennis shoe manufacturers offer six (6) month warranties on their shoes.
If your tennis shoe soles are worn out, chances are you can have them replaced, within six months of purchase, by the manufacturer…for free! Sweet huh?
Tennis Shoe Warranty Examples
What truly qualifies for tennis shoe warranty claims and what doesn’t qualify? Here are some examples of shoes that DO QUALIFY for tennis shoe warranty claims:
How do you put in a claim for a tennis shoe warranty?
If you’re buying your tennis shoes from Tennis Warehouse (which you should be, it’s the largest online tennis retailer around) and you live in the US, then you just need to follow these simple instructions from TW:
- Product description must state shoe has an outsole durability guarantee.
- Return qualifying shoes to Tennis Warehouse for replacement (except adidas, whose warranty information you will find below).
- Sole warranties are a one-time replacement.
- In the event the purchased shoe is no longer available, a shoe of equal or greater value within the same brand will be substituted. (These shoes will not come with an outsole warranty.)
- Warranty only covers the rubber outsole of the shoe. Damage to the toe-guard, or upper of the shoe does not qualify for the warranty replacement.
- Shoe must be completely worn past the outsole and into the midsole or insole of the shoe.
- Warranty is void if the shoe is abused or mishandled.
- Send your tennis shoes to Tennis Warehouse with original receipt to:
181 Suburban Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
adidas Sole Warranty Procedure:
This adidas Six-Month Outsole Guarantee covers eligible Barricade tennis shoes if the outsole wears out within six months of the date of purchase. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine whether the outsole is worn out. This offer is good for only one replacement pair per purchase and is valid in the continental United States only. Team purchases, Barricade Team, Barricade Court and Kids Barricade shoes are not eligible for this replacement guarantee.
- your eligible Barricade tennis shoes
- your original receipt
- and your completed Barricade claim form to:
adidas 6-Month Guarantee
495 Cedar Crest Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Unfortunately, shoes not accompanied by the original receipt are not eligible for replacement. We cannot assume responsibility for lost shipments, please retain your return tracking # for your reference. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Barricades will be shipped via UPS Ground service.
Here are a couple more examples of tennis
shoes that would be eligible for a warranty replacement:
What companies offer a tennis shoe warranty?
Not all models have a tennis shoe warranty, so be sure you read the descriptions of the shoes you’re looking at to ensure the warranty.