Tonight in Melbourne, the world of tennis was changed forever…and in the same moment inspired for years to come.
Long-time Wilson Advisory Staff Member and the “Greatest of All Time” Men’s Singles player Roger Federer set a new Grand Slam record at this year’s Australian Open. As the only player to achieve 20 Men’s Singles Champion Grand Slam victories, Roger Federer has written a new page in tennis history as he continues to awe players and fans alike at the start of the 2018 ATP season.
To honor Federer’s 20th Grand Slam title, Wilson Sporting Goods has created an exclusive 20th Grand Slam Platinum Edition Racket Package, complete with a special Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph racket painted in a metallic, glittering platinum-colored paint. The color platinum is widely used to the mark the achievement of 20th milestones.
Only 20 of these commemorative Collector’s Edition Packages have been created, each individually numbered (one through 20) and autographed by Roger Federer following his championship win.
Along with the limited edition platinum Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph racket, each package includes a Roger Federer-signed Australian Open Wilson tennis ball and a premium box to display this commemorative racket and ball. The Package also includes as a series of mini-posters documenting Federer’s 20 Grand Slams Titles, a photo of Roger Federer holding the commemorative racket and the certificate of authenticity.
Special features of each exclusive 20th Grand Slam Platinum Edition Racket Package include:
- Symbols representing each of Roger Federer’s 20 Grand Slam titles adorn the inside of the racket’s hoop.
- Subtle design nods to the number “20” are incorporated throughout the design motif.
- An illustrated version of Roger Federer’s signature appears prominently on the throat of the racket.
The Collector’s Edition Platinum Racket Packages will go on sale on Monday, January 29th at 12 PM Eastern Standard Time (US). There are several ways fans can purchase one of these Packages:
- Ten of the Collector’s Edition Platinum Packages will be offered on www.rogerfederer.com. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of these ten Packages will go to the Roger Federer Foundation.
- Nine of the Platinum Packages will be sold on www.wilson.com, with fifty percent of the proceeds from the sale of these nine Packages directed to the Roger Federer Foundation and 50 percent of the proceeds going towards Wilson and its philanthropic partners’ initiatives focused on growing the game of tennis and making a positive difference in the communities where tennis is played.
*SPECIAL NOTE: Fans residing outside the United States are encouraged to visit www.rogerfederer.com to purchase the Collector’s Edition Platinum Racket Package. Currently, www.wilson.com is unable to ship to fans outside the United States.
- Wilson will give away one of the Platinum Packages to a lucky tennis fan via social media. Fans are invited to follow @WilsonTennis on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information and updates on the timing of this giveaway.
- Wilson Tennis and Romero Britto - February 22, 2021
- Lotto Mirage 300 II SPD Women’s Tennis Shoe Review - August 22, 2020
- Wilson Clash & Blade Roland Garros Inspired Racquets - June 24, 2020